Thursday, March 13, 2008

- Maybe that's why I was pasted -

Saturday and Sunday last weekend I had a couple of good rides, Saturday was nice for mileage, and Sunday was with some friends that I don't see very often at all. I thought I faired pretty well considering the dire lack of miles that I have it at this time of the year, but I was still rather disappointed with the way that i died on Saturday after about 2.5 hours. All the power went out, and I was just sitting on a wheel and doing my best not to hallucinate or get dropped.

On Monday evening I got a pretty good suggestion why Saturday's ride ended so badly for me - bronchitis and pneumonia. Turns out I have the lung capacity of a 4 year old right now. In an air volume test I was blowing 285 to 300ml as opposed to about 850+ that I can normally put out. That seems like it would effect my endurance a bit...

So here's to strong drugs and steroid inhalers. Hopefully I'll be back in a week or so...

1 comment:

Liz Hatch said...

Don't let the numbers get you down, Lance! ;)
You'll be back to your best in no time.

Here's to recovery!

Liz