Thursday, March 20, 2008

- Evervyone loves Prototype Thursdays... -

Today is Prototype Thursday. That means today I'll be taking this beast on a maiden voyage. I know that the Lightweights don't belong on this bike, but they are the only Shimano-splined wheels that I have right now (edge 38s with DT hubs with be converted as soon as the Shimano freehub shows up), so that is what I have to use.

The Equipe frame is something we are considering doing. Definitely not a certainty by any stretch. The idea is to take our GdT capabilities and design experience and offer a less expensive frameset by having Paketa weld up Magnesium frames to our geometry, and then CHT/T treat them so that the heat-effected zone is removed, the grain is aligned, and the material is much stronger.

Of course we make prototypes because every theory doesn't necessarily work on the road. So I'll give it a spin over lunch and see how it rides.

As an aside, I hit the trifecta last week adding the stomach flu to my bronchitis and pneumonia. So this is my first ride in almost two weeks. Damn it will be good to get out on the road...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just had a set of Edge 38 / DT Swiss 190's built.. Those would look sweet on that bike. LW's do look nice though!

Captain said...

That bike is weapons-grade. I love it.