Tuesday, March 04, 2008

- Hard work pays off? -

Yesterday was a 'chained to the desk', but productive day. As I said, I hate doing web sites, but I think that we have really done a good job of putting together a great template for the new GdT site. The goal was to make it more readable and easier to get around.

For some reason, it takes me about 30 mockups to find one that I like, and it's almost always the one that seems like it should have been the easiest one to think up. When we get too intricate (like the 'floating Lion of Flanders' version - boy was that bad) things always seem to get worse. I do find this odd, because we tend to be the people that rider's go to when they want something very intricate and complicated. That tends to be where we shine. Maybe it just doesn't translate well to the web, or maybe because of the bicycles and products that we are displaying it just becomes overload. Either way, I think we have something that should work well for us...

No comments: