Monday, March 03, 2008

- Hating the web -

Yes, the web is a wonderful thing. Most of the time. Right now we are in the long-overdue process of re-creating our websites to be more user-friendly. That means endless hours of redesign and rewrite sessions. As a small company there are about 27,312 things that I can think of that may be a better use of my time, and more enjoyable as well. But this has been something that has desperately needed to be done for longer than I care to admit, so here I am...

Fortunately the Hudz site was a pretty easy thing to get done. We are adding an e-commerce component in the next week or so in order for us to get Hudz to countries where we don't have distributors yet. We are also working on some other nice additions, but nothing that has been as important as taking our previous all-images site and turning it into a search-able HTML site. And, hey, now we even have those cool rotating pictures...

The next most important thing for us is to get the main Groupe de Tete site updated. This has not been done in the last year and a half probably (aside from a cursory update for IB07). We have a range of new things that we are working on that should really be better represented up there, so that is the 800 pound monster that has consumed every moment of my "free-time" day.

I will probably complain too much about doing this, even though I know it's important (and actually part of me really enjoys it as well). But that's the breaks when you spend all of your time thinking about bicycles - when you have to sit at a computer and get work done, it just seems to bring you down...

Here's hoping we at least have decent weather tomorrow so that I can get a good ride in again. That will make everything better.

No comments: