Friday, February 29, 2008

- More new DA -

It's amazing the internet has taken the 6-degrees of separation of the 80s and turned it into 3. What does that have to do with anything? This is info found on the WeightWeenies forum that quotes a source on RBR, an now it's posted here...

"Derailleur cables under tape. Ti clamp band. Carbon blade with easier reach from hoods and relocated pivot for better leverage. 20% reduction in lever throw. No trim for front derailleur (not needed, cross chain away). Adjustable reach. Flight deck with HR, altitude, & incline (PC download). Front derailleur 20% stronger spring. Brakes have Ti hardware and recessed cable stop and arch style for more power. Rear derailleur carbon jockey cage and redesigned wheels to get rid of need for GS. 3 cranks alloy 130, alloy 110, and carbon 130 with BB30 on the way. Crank spindle alloy/carbon. A lil' bird told me..."

I must say that this new group excites me enough that I have swapped my favorite bike from Campy to the current 7800 DA that we had hanging around from an 07 Interbike build.

Please don't get me wrong, I love Campy. I have used it exclusively for the last 7 years. But for some reason when I think about putting in big miles DA seems like the group I want to ride - never realized that until I started training again. The mileage that I have put on all of my Campy groups is far less than I used to put on one DA group when I was racing...

No comments: